Things You Should Know About Black Mold Testing

Black mold in your home or office can be a potentially deadly threat to the health and well-being of anyone exposed to the toxic fungi. Easily airborne, black mold spores can be inhaled into a person’s lungs, where they can cause severe respiratory issues, blood-borne toxicity, and other physical ailments that could be fatal if not detected quickly enough or treated properly.

Here are a few things you should know about testing your home or office for these potentially deadly microbes:

Signs of Black Mold

You may want to consider having your home or office professionally tested for the presence of black mold if you’ve had a water leak in or behind any walls of your home, you detect a musty smell but cannot find the source, or you can see the visible presence of black mold in areas of your home or office.

Home Testing Kits

You can purchase a home testing kit at most hardware stores that will either give you a rapid result or require that you mail a sample to a laboratory for analysis. While these kits are easy to use and typically inexpensive, they may not be as accurate as professional testing.

Professional Inspection

While you can do it yourself, it is recommended that you let professional mold removal experts inspect your property for the presence of black mold. They have experience in mold detection and access to tools and utilities that you may not, giving them an advantage over DIY testing kits.

Robert Matheka is the Owner of Kala Construction Inc.., a leading water damage and water damage restoration services. provider in Ontario, CA. Our services include extraction of water and drying out the structure by using special extraction equipment, air movers, and dehumidification equipment to restore your property back to normal after a disaster.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *