Putting a good roof over your head is essential. However, if you’re a homeowner, it’s easier to forget about your roof on a day to day basis than you might realize.
If you think your roof might have some damage it’s time to figure out how much. If you don’t you could be in for a shocking surprise when you get a repair estimate down the line.
Use this guide 10 signs to help you understand just how damaged your roof really is.
- The Roof Shows Minor Discoloration. This could mean very simple repairs or more complex ones. Get an inspection or do the work on your own – but act now.
- The Roof Is Sagging. This indicates that your roof could collapse and you need immediate repair. Don’t wait if you see your roof sagging or buckling.
- Your Roof Looks Sun Damaged. Usually, this doesn’t indicate roof damage, but you might need new shingles or covering.
- You Can See the Sunshine. If this is happening you have almost no protection from the weather. Remedy it immediately or it could be a disaster when it rains.
- Dark Spots Indicate Minor Water Damage. Seek repair.
- Water Damage on the Ceiling. This means you have a moderate to serious roofing problem.
- The Roof Shows “Bald Spots.” This means you need new shingles or covering – at least in that area.
- Rain Is Getting Inside Your Home. This seems obvious, but many people put this repair off, using a bucket to catch rain. If you do you’ll end up with a huge hole your roof.
- There’s Roof Debris on Your Roof. This indicates that your roof is aging poorly.
- Mold Is Growing. Severe water damage has already started if you can see mold.