Most people do not take mold growth seriously. Mold can weaken the house structure and even cause health problems that could be avoided. You need to take a proactive approach to prevent mold from growing on your building.
Below are some tips that can help you prevent mold from growing in your home or apartment complex:
1. Prevent moisture build-up. Mold grows in wet areas. Therefore, dry any wet areas immediately. If there is a spill on your carpet, dry it within 24 to 48 hours.
2. Keep mold off household plants. Mold loves wet soil. To prevent them from growing add Taheebo tea which is fungi-resistant to the water you give your houseplants.
3. Improve airflow in your home. Ensure there is proper ventilation in the home. Open the vents in areas where moisture is likely to build up such as the laundry room, kitchen and bathroom.
4. Clean or repair roof gutters. Leaking roofs and gutters let in water which encourages mold to grow. Dry the roof of any moisture.
5. Avoid stagnant water at your home. Dry any chunks of water in your house. Keep the walls and floors dry. Also dry clothes well before storing them in drawers.
6. Check the humidity indoors. Use an AC to control the humidity in the house. Increase the temperature to evaporate excess moisture especially during the wet season.
7. Use mold-resistant products. If you are building or renovating your home, use mold-resistant products like Sheetrock, drywall and mold inhibitors for paint.
8. Check the attic and basement. During the rainy season, the attic and basement may be filled with moisture. Aerate and dry them to prevent mold from growing.
9. Inspect the gradient of the property. If your property is slanting, chances are that it will not drain off water completely during the wet season. Find any wet areas and dry them.
Robert Matheka is the Owner of Kala Construction Inc.., a leading water damage and water damage restoration services. provider in Ontario, CA. Our services include extraction of water and drying out the structure by using special extraction equipment, air movers, and dehumidification equipment to restore your property back to normal after a disaster.