We all love our home sweet home! Nobody wants a home full of germs and molds as it becomes unhealthy to live. Home maintenance requires regular inspection to check deterioration like molds, cracks, weakening of the foundation, pests, organic build up, seepage etc.
You never want your home full of mold and mildewor their foul smell. Mold can cause fundamental damage to your home. It develops as a result of serious, underlying moisture problems somewhere in your home that if left untreated, will probably get worse.
In order to keep your home free from exterior mold, you should know what to do and what not to do for complete mold removal.
Here are 5do’s and don’ts to make your home’s exterior free from mold:
- Fix water damage and moisture problems in your home by stopping all water leaks.
- Repair leaking roofs and plumbing fixtures. Ventilate and insulate attic and crawlspaces.
- Increase air circulation within your home along the inside of exterior walls, and ventilate with fresh air from outside.
- Blow warm air to all areas of the home. Move large objects away from the inside of exterior walls just a few inches to provide good air circulation.
- Install exhaust fans in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms. Vacuum and clean your home regularly.
- Never ignore home maintenance problems and mold “clues”.
- Never assume that there is no mold problem because you can’t see any visible mold growth.
- Never consider a new home to be mold-free.
- Never believe that wet, moldy area is “safe” after it has dried up until full mold remediation.
- Never use Chlorine based bleach for mold treatment.
Robert Matheka is the Owner of Kala Construction Inc., a leading Water damage and Water damage restoration services provider in Ontario, CA. Our services include extraction of water and drying out the structure by using special extraction equipment, air movers, and dehumidification equipment to restore your property back to normal after a disaster.