As of recently, one of the most popular trends in gardening and lawn-management is the incorporation of garden decor. These ornaments have been utilized in creating an ideal community for not only you, but for the floral arrangements that you have methodically placed throughout your outdoor sanctuary. Whether you prefer posed rustic lanterns or aged wicker furniture, the possibilities are endless. The key to utilizing garden ornaments is knowing precisely what kind of environment you intend to create.
1. Dress up your garden entrances. Not only will this draw guests in to your cherished abode, but it reinforces whatever theme that you may have opted for. This style of decor can best be illustrated by utilizing fencing, awnings, or framing of some kind. Your options are truly endless.
2. Incorporate moving water for an added dimension. This can be by way of a bird bath, a small fountain, a rock garden, or simply a floral pond. Moving water not only recreates an idealistic “nature”, but it allows various plants and animals to flourish in your man-made paradise.
3. Color should be welcomed, not opposed. Unfortunately, many decorators seem to fear the inclusion of color in garden ornaments. However, color can be useful in not only added dimension, but it can also contribute significantly to a theme or other decor already utilized.
4. Antiques: They not only create a lived-in feel, but they add a high-class quality to an outdoor space. Such items can range in selection from pottery to statues, baskets, or even specific fixtures.
5. Animal attractants, such as bird baths, hummingbird feeders, and bird houses can work wonders in enhancing the naturalistic aspect of a garden/outdoor area. Added life not only re-creates nature in its most simplistic form, but it also contributes to sensory experiences for guests.
6. Candles are an elegant, yet useful way to spruce up an outdoor area. Not only do candles provide light and potential insect-repelling properties, but they can exude fragrances that aid in re-creating a specific environment. This may include baked scents, floral scents, or natural oceanic scents, to name a few.
7. Seating is an important aspect to consider, especially for those garden lovers who intend to spend time meditating and/or entertaining in their space. While there are a variety of furniture options available between material used and size of each piece, it should always be considered with the knowledge that the furniture is going to enhance the already present theme.
8. Utilize the exterior of your home. Not only is this a clever way to enhance your garden theme, but it is a perfect avenue for lighting and fixture placement.
9. On the previous topic of garden furniture, be sure that you are purchasing furniture that is usable in the climate in which you reside. Wicker furniture is best utilized in dry weather, while thick plastics are more appropriate in seasonal climates. However, there are “weatherizing” products available to coat your furniture, if needed.
10. Embrace mosaics as enhancing garden furniture. Mosaics can be an instrumental element when incorporated into the top of a planter-table, the arm-rests on your favorite wrought iron furniture, or when simply used as the upper layer on an eye-catching stepping stone. In order to save money and to indulge in your creative side, pick your favorite pigments of glass and create your own!
11. Trees are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they can be useful in creating a framed walk-way or canopy like awning for a seating area.
12. Pottery is not only a delicate touch from a decorative perspective, but it can also significantly add to the over-all atmosphere being created when used as strictly pottery. While they are ideal planters and allow a differing element to floral arranging, they can also create an added dimension in the feng shui of your outdoor area.
13. Lighting is critical for inclusion in garden-areas, especially if you intend to utilize your area after-hours. Take your time to look through the variety of options available to best suit your needs, which may include anything from lighted walkways to over-head lanterns.
14. Utilize planters of the not-so stereotypical nature. This may include hanging planters, potted planters, metal planters or even vine-like planters that wrap meticulously around a garden awning. Allow your personality and personal interests to take charge.
15. Incorporating stone cannot intensify your theme, but it is generally a weather-resistant material with properties of usability that outlasts a number of materials opted for in garden decor.